Monday, December 03, 2007

Low expectations

At work, not Las Vegas.

Seriously. My employer cannot expect much to be accomplished over the next 3 days. I am here physically, not mentally. Too busy brushing up on when to double down, how many units is the correct bet on the craps table, and when to keep two pair together at the Pai gow table.

I did play some poker this weekend. A little limit as well as some no limit and triple draw to shake the rust off for live play. Ok, so there won't be any live TD but I had fun. Did good in the NL winning half a buyin in just 30 minutes. Played limit for an hour and lost 2 big bets at 3/6. All came down to the last hand where I went chasing with a gutshot straight. Pot was over $120 so I had to.

Made the final financial maneuvers this morning and will hit the bank tomorrow. I can then sit like a zombie at work on Wednesday. Will be wheels down by 10:30 and at the luxury that is the IP by 11. From there, I may go down to Hooters for a bite or may just go across to Caesars to hook up with Blood. Or I may hit the Pai Gow tables at the IP. Any which way, you know I will have a beer in my hand.

Commence the longest 3 days in the universe.....now!

2 comments:

lj said...

lol. i am in same boat, luckily work looks to be slow today and tomorrow.

also can totally relate to your last post. most people just look at me like i'm a total dork (which by now i'm used to for many other reasons) when i explain that i'm meeting up w/ a bunch of people who i mostly know from the internet in vegas.

Unknown said...

My co-workers have already mentioned the spaced out look on my face.

Well, more then usual at least.