Tuesday, November 30, 2010

And now to the weather...

Whenever I have plans for a trip, I like to keep an eye on the weather. Not only does it help for deciding what clothes to pack, it helps with potential plans once I am there. Being 9 days out of Vegas (screw your 8 Drizz!), I took a gander at the what the forecast was for home and away.

First thing I saw was it is warmer in Milwaukee (46) than Las Vegas (31) as I type. Thankfully that will change. The shit hits the Midwest next week with lots of precipitation and ice. That ice is suppose to hit after I leaveon Thursday which is a good thing. The temps in Vegas look to be rather warm. 60s? I may wear shorts!

Like being heads up with A A vs K K, I am not expecting these numbers to hold up. They will change. It will get colder in Vegas. I am just hoping the bad weather can hold off at home.

Before I am done, let's give Poker Stars some love for the added money for next Saturday's tournament. Being the lazy person I am, I quickly grabbed a portion of the post at Up For Poker the other day and pasted it below. It looks like I missed something but it has the meat of the Stars giveaway, the bounties and Hammer Challenge.

Each bounty player will have a trinket that you will be responsible for recovering when you knock them out and it is your responsibility to bring your trinket to me to get credit. Once again, prize money for the OGH will be deposited into your PokerStars account.

What's that you ask again? There's even more?!?!?!?

Why, now that you've asked, there is!

Some of you out there might think the concept of the Hammer is a little played out. I mean, it used to be cool before it went all mainstream and pros like Phil Hellmuth and Antonio Esfandiari started dropping it on national TV (without giving any credit it to Grubby!), but I digress. It's ours and we're bringing it back!

The wonderful folks at PokerStars are putting up $500 for the Hammer Challenge. The first ten hammers shown for the win post-flop will receive $50 apiece. Again, those hammers must be shown post-flop. When you accomplish this feat, you'll need to stand up and yell, "Hammer" for confirmation from the floor and so I can record the feat. And, again, prize money for the HC will be deposited into your PokerStars account.

That's a total of $4500 in added prize money for the 2010 Winter Classic courtesy of our friends at PokerStars. Give them some love when you get a chance! And if you have any questions, let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A day with the G-Vegas boys on Wednesday may wreak me for the entire weekend.