Sunday, November 14, 2010

Losing to an asshat

Losing sucks.

Losing to a real asshat sucks even more. Especially when there is nothing you can do about. Get your chips in with the best hand and hope it holds up. When it doesn't you have to listen to a douchenozzle spout off.

Yeah, that is my way of saying I lost when I had a sizable chip lead heading into a heads up battle. Three times I got it all in with the better hand. Three times I lost. I didn't have huge advantages in any of the hands. He simply had to get lucky and catch one of his few outs.

I didn't like his dickish behavior in the end. I was done to about 3 blinds when he acted insulted that I wouldn't take second place and 5 more bucks. I told the guy who was dealing that I was going to be all in on every hand. So the dick folded.

I thought about what I could have done different. I think the answer is offer a better chop. But money wasn't the issue. I walked out with twice my buy ins so that was good. Especially after being card dead in the first game. The first game was helpful in giving me the lay of the land. I had a good feel for the players when the second game started. And it paid off.

Until the end. I am a bit sore about not taking it down. I did catch a couple breaks just to get there, chopping pots to never give up a lot of chips. I don't think I made any bad decisions in that span. Just had one or two misreads.

In the end I had a good time. Playing live again felt good. Next time I just need to set the douche canoe down the river.

No comments: