Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekend poker

Saturdays with Pauly kick off in just under an hour I look forward to making my donation.

The talk of the town seems to be Full Tilt's Rush poker. I played for about 30 minutes yesterday. Just .05/.10 NLH. I wanted to dip my toe in the water to see what it was all about. I finished with a profit of .72. Good sign.

I don't know if I am sold on it. It may be a good alternative for when you are sitting at a regular ring game and feeling card dead. But with the constant movement you lose the opportunity to read our opponents and take advantage of their weaknesses. Plus I would think that making notes on players would be next to impossible.

Still a very interesting concept.

Also getting ready for PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker. The start times do not work well with my work schedule so Monday and Tuesday will be out. I have entered and hope to get online when I get home. Playing with a short stack isn't my strongest skill set but what are you going to do?

No comments: