Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Why are you Badgering me?

The other day, someone commented about when I would play in Badger Poker again. My answer is quite simple.

I don't know.

There are a number of factors that go into this. By no means am I saying I won't play in one of these events again. But why would I? I can go online and make money playing. That alone sums it up.

Then again, I will give anonymous some credit. Writing about live play is soooooo much better than online play. Seeing people, what they wear, and how they act is good stuff. Too many people act like they are superstar poker players (why do I think of Bagman?). Commenting on their antics is fun. But not profitable.

I did peruse the locations of the current season for BP. I would venture a guess that parking for Longs is atrocious. Don't know where Flappers is exactly but by the address it looks rather residential (as in corner pub) so parking probably sucks there too. Ain't going to Waukesha and my lungs will keep me from the smokehouse that is the Bavarian Inn.

Plus, just from reading the comments at the BP forum, I don't know if I would enjoy it. Too many people cheating, acting like a-holes, and smoking up a storm. It is a free tournament. People take it a little too seriously.

Hmm...then again, those dipshits make for some good writing. As I did in Keshena, I could pull out the Palm and start jotting notes right away and they would not have a clue.

No comments: