Tuesday, May 04, 2010

SCOOP

Thanks to PokerStars for giving me the chance to freeroll a SCOOP tourney for playing online. I likes that. Though the thought of outlasting 8000+ players seems daunting. I don't think I have enough beer in the house to go that long. I am already 4 into a 6er of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA so this should be interesting.

Made a nice double playing .25/.50 Badugi. Yes, it amounts to an $11.35 profit but it is a double. Damn I am no Badugi expert but most people have no clue how to play.

After a couple of hand I just realized this is like major deep stacks. 10,000 with blinds of 25/50? I really don't have enough beer on hand. At least get some chips early by raising with AQs and get two callers. They fold on the continuation when an A hits the flop. At least I wasn't involved in the hand where guy hit quad aces. Damn!

Did I say 8100+? It ended up over 14000+ and with late registration still going on, it will be over 15,000. I really don't have enough beer.

I am weirded out by the pics of Dr Honeydew (of Muppet fame) and the guy with a face carved into his bald head. Must get beyond that. A bluff on a 2 2 J board helps. Also the beer is doing its job.

Wait, did I say 8100+? It is over 15,000 with late registration still going on. I really don't have enough beer in the house. May have to run to Berts during a break.

I get a moment to laugh at my Indian friend to my right. Ok, I guess he is Indian by his name. But I had a feeling he would raise from the SB. He has been aggressive that way. I re-raised with my AQs (is this a trend?) and he called. The flop was a bunch of rags but two of the diamonds I needed. He folded to my bet. Soon I would get AKo and re-raise from the button with 2 people in before me. Wait, did that make sense? Action was call, raise, call, me re-raising fold fold fold call call. Flop was K high. The initial raiser bet 60. 60? Don't insult me! I popped it to 1200 to spit on him. I am still hurt.

For my listening pleasure I have Shaw/Blades playing. The Influence album to be exact. Give it a listen people. I will buy you a beer if you can honestly tell me you don't like it. As for the game, this is my kind of table. It allows me to pick up pots with boards that look scary.

Ftrain just told me to expect a 12 hour game. If that happend it would mean I stayed up all night and we be late for work tomorrow. With what I have consumed so far and what I intend to imbibe, 12 hours of poker won't work. Even though I just chipped up nicely with A7s . This table loves the suited and suited connector hands. They are playing loose money game rules early. Just like me.

It is 7:40 and I can't find the Red Wing game on TV. I see they are ahead but those Sharks are tough. They could go all the way. The Wings need to play their best to get past them. Yes April, I said that.

Just got a nice pot sent my way when I raised with 10 10 and then called a re-raise. Flop was J 4 4 with 2 spades. I call the flop bet because it was only a 3rd of the pot. I want to see if he will continue if another spade hits. One does hit the turn. I take some time before checking. He checks behind. I am now willing to bet the river if a rag hits. I doubt he has a higher pair. It is a K on the river. Crap. I check. Surprisingly to me he doesn't bet the river. I know this pot is mine. He had A Q. A little rambunctious with it if you can't fire 3 times.

It is 7:57 and we are on break. Guess I have time to get another beer. My Dogfish Head is going to be gone soon. BTW I am listening to Sixx AM now. Good stuff but I won't buy you a beer if you don't like it. Still, I tell you to listen to Shaw/Blades.

The last bottle of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA has been poured. After this I am going to have to consume some Christmas ales that were bequeathed to me. Okay, I just wanted to work bequeathed into this post. As for the SCOOP tourney, I have been folding since the break ended.

Antes just kicked in. I don't mind. They have to keep it going. A good river bluff gets me a good pot when I flop an OESD that doesn't get there but a board that shows both a flush and trips will scare my weaker opponent away. I have a good feel for these players. So different than how I felt on Sunday.

And then I was done. I raised in late EP with A 5s hearts. I had one caller in the highjack. Flop is all diamonds including the 2 and 4. I check and he bets a third of the pot. I call. Turn is the 3 of clubs. I check and he bets big. I raise and he pushes. I was in a hand with him before and he was bluffing. I push and he calls showing J 9 diamonds. Fug! Bad luck and I am done.

I still think my read was right. Am I wrong to think he got lucky? It doesn't matter since I am out in like 14600 position. But I had some fun with it. That is what matters to me since I had no intention to be playing for 12 hours.

Again thanks to the crew at PokerStars. The PokerStars blog is fantastic.

No comments: