Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hindsight is 20/20

Hindsight is 20/20. So was my finish in the Bodonkey and the Blogger Skillz. I managed to finish 20th in both. That also meant I went away with nothing. No cash. No tourney dollars. Just a bunch of GG StB. And that don't buy the entry into the next tournament.

It was a case of chasing in Razz when I knew I shouldn't have been chasing. But after having won pots with a J, 10 and 9, I couldn't help but feel a lot of my 8s were good. And they were. I still have yet to figure out why jjok called me down with a Q. I bluffed the river with my J because his up cards where total crap and it was blatant that I was trying to suck out. To bet with the J is much different than calling with a Q.

Over at the hold em game, I wasn't familiar with a lot of the players at my table. I made some loose plays and tried to tighten up later. Jordan took me out easily when I tried to make a play from the SB. I hoped he had a small pair and might fold after he limped from EP. Instead his A J held up.

Best thing though was I had a good time in both tournies. Can't wait to do it again.

No comments: