Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Bucked

Decided to change up the music a bit. Here is some Metal Skool for everyone to enjoy. With a Vegas trip coming up in less than two months, I suddenly found myself thinking of the Metal Skool show me and Blood enjoyed last year. It was one hell of a good time.

On to the game. It was a nice size crowd out to play HORSE in the Skillz series. 78 ready to play the 5 different games and score some knockouts. Here are the round by round results.

H
I had a rather ignominious start. Got my K K cracked on a perfect Hammer play by LJ. Betting capped preflop. She just called my flop bet and check raised when the deuces paired the board. Thankfully I wasn't going to be too stupid and get frisky so I just called down. Again, well played LJ.

O
Not much here. Won a small pot by being aggressive. Otherwise my starting hands really sucked.

R
Hey, a couple of bring in right away! The second has me holding 3 8 Q. No one raises and I get to see 4th for free. I get a 5. Not bad. My opponent is showing 9 8 and bets. I call to see what 5th street will give me. A 4. I likey. Especially when I see he has been given a 10 and checks. I quickly bet and get called. I catch an 8 and bet out when he is given a K. Ship it! Take the antes when I raise with 6 3 8 and scare them all away. A couple hands later I just about get myself into some trouble. The bring in is on my left with a J. I have 6 Q 5 and try to take the antes with a complete. He calls. Oops. Being dealt a 10 doesn't help my cause but I try to show some strength and call. He pairs up on 5th and we both check when I am dealt a Q. I bet out on 6th with one last attempt to get this pot even though I have paired my sixes now. I am hoping his check on 5th was his way of raising the white flag. Sure enough it works.

S
Taking chances early either pays off for me or puts me in the doghouse. I take a small pot when I complete with 8 10 J, two clubs. I get called by an A. I catch the 9 of clubs, not bad and bet out to take it down. Not the best play to be making but I will be content taking down a number of small pots when there are few to act behind me.

E
I totally misplayed my first hand. J J 2 and I didn't reraise. At the end I am up against a low and a possible flush. I got that far thinking they were chasing a low only. Turns out they were but going to the end with just a pair of Jacks isn't too bright. Finish off on a high note when I am dealt K K 5 and make a set right away.

One rotation down. Sitting at 3770.

H
Get dealt A 10, raise and have to fold after the flop. Next hand I get A Q and get reraised preflop. All low cards on the flop and I call the bet. Turn is a J and I fold. Next is A 5s and I just limp in. Flop has two hearts, my suit and I raise. Check the turn when a blank hits. I bet out the river even though I miss and take it down. I wonder if my opponent was chasing a lower flush? Lucko fails to knock out cemfredmd and blasts him for "being bad". I don't know. I knew cemfred had the straight on the turn, so why are you capping with two pair?

O
In the big blind to start. Its a good thing as I am dealt K 7 7 6, three hearts. Flop is J J 6 and the small blind bets. I smell a steal so I call. Turn puts up a possible flush and it checks around. River is a rag and it checks again. Yep, twas a steal. I took out cemfred just before the round ended. My A A 2 10 held up against his K K J 10 in a large pot. Next hand I am dealt A 3 K K. All the chips go in preflop. The K on the flop cracks his A A 10 10. Ouch. That is bad luck.

R
Razz starts up with me winning two rounds of antes. Soon my aggression would haunt me. With 8 3 2, I am dealt an ugly Q. I call LJ's bet. I bet out when she pairs her 8 and I am dealt a 2, hoping to get it there. She calls. The J forces me to fold to her bet.

S
Glad I am paying attention as I just about didn't know the game had changed. I was about to complete with 2 4 6 when I stopped wondering why I had the bring in. A pair of 7s earns me a decent pot when I bet out against my 10 high opponent with 3 hearts showing. I win a couple pots around 1000 before the round ends.

E
Split a pot with a pair of 2s that just became a 8 low. Split another with a flush. Nothing exciting here.

End second rotation. 6039 chips.

H
Had to steal blinds just to stay even. What a run of crap cards! I then drop some I try to pull off a bluff. I called the SB raise with 6 7s. Flop came with a bunch of clubs and gave me a gutshot straight. I called the continuation bet and then check-raised when a third club hit. The quick call told me I was in trouble. I had to meekly fold to the river bet. I get the feeling I was waaay behind. One hand later I get most of those chips back when I turn two pair. Eh.

O
I have to be careful now. We are playing at 400/800. If you go deep in the hand, you will either jump ahead to a nice lead or get crippled, if not knocked out. No sooner than I type that I chase a low. So poorly played. I am basically on life support. One hand left to play. I get that from the SB, Q 10 Q J and fill up with a full house for a double. Stayin alive, stayin alive! Still not pretty though. Just like the Bee Gees.

R
This is short lived. I was going to jam with any decent hand. Or so I had thought I would. I tossed it all in with A 2 10. Yeah, that is crap, I know. And it only got crappier. 3 pair no good in Razz.

Crash and burn in the end again. This has been the worst part of my game. I went from being in the top 10 to out in a couple of hands. Worst of all, I knew what I had to avoid and didn't.

No comments: