Friday, April 25, 2008

To go or not to go

I got a call yesterday from a buddy of mine.
When was the last time you were in Vegas.
December.
You going anytime soon.
Sure, beginning of June, staying at Hooters.
You interested in going in May?
Huh?
I am going for a sales conference. They have me set up at the Monte Carlo.
In a smoke free room? One with working fire alarms?
Company is paying for the room. Thought you might like to go play poker.
Possible. Send me the dates.

So now I have to see if I can finagle a trip to Vegas next month. It could be tight. I will be traveling next weekend and the more I think about it, June isn't that far off.

I doubt I will be playing any poker this weekend. Between watching Brewers games and the NFL Draft, I won't have any time.

So looking forward to the draft tomorrow. It is taste of football in spring. A time to spend an afternoon at Hooters, eating wings, drinking beer, laughing at the Lions when they draft a receiver, booing whoever the Deadskins, bEagles, and Gints select, applauding loudly for the newest Dallas Cowboy. Quite a bit of fun.

Small football thoughts. I think Peter King at SI made a good comment. The Chargers should see if they can get Jason Taylor from the Dolphins. Taylor and Merriman going wild on QBs. I think I heard Jay Cutler shit his pants. The Cowboys should get two good offensive players in this draft. A speedy running back to team up with Marion the Barbarian is good. A stud receive may be available as well. I predict the Packers take a QB with the first pick. Thankfully the Vikings don't have a pick to screw up this year.

Don't forget Saturdays with Pauly tomorrow.

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

Anytime a trip to Las Vegas is a possibility, the answer should always be "yes."

Please pray for me for I am a Bears fan ...