Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Not bad, but could have been better

PokerStars Tournament #17845159,
No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $20.00/$2.00
180 players
Dear S.t.B, You finished the tournament in 7th place.
A $126.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.
A ton of suckouts occurred in this game. I mean there were some real brutal beats. I was one of the victims at the final table when I called the all in raise from the really loose player. I had A Q. Him? 10 9. I hit my A on the flop but there is a 10 as well. He catches the two outer on the river. Oh well. Snakes on a plane.

I was happy with my play. I had doubled up in the first hour, mainly taking advantage of a loose player. Chipped up further in the second hour when I pushed against another loose guy with A Ks and he called with the most overplayed hand in online poker. A 10.

Beyond that I played aggressive poker, raising in position, putting out feeler bets, bullying weak players. I was doing well into I ran into A A at the final table. That led to the aforementioned hand and I was done in 7th.

I was shocked at how bad some of the people were too. I hadn't seen poker played this poorly in a long time. Guess I will have to come back tomorrow. It feels like a good warm up for Friday's festivities.
On a side note, has anyone played in the Ultimate Bet Poker Challenge tourneys at all? The small buy in that play for a spot at a TV SnG. I was going to pop some money over there but I had trouble logging in. That was 4 hours ago and I still haven't received my new password. I wonder if they closed my account because I had signed up with PokerShare?

3 comments:

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Niiiiiceee...but you should have done better...like the COWBOYS! We should get Brett Farve

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be a five outer?

Still, nice cash dude.

Unknown said...

Snakes On A Plane!!!

O NOSE!