Monday, May 29, 2006

Nice Party

I don't know why I was trying to clear the Party bonus. It was only $30. I hate the software, hate the annoying players talking trash, hate the fishiness that always seems to suck out on me. Why was I playing there?

That $30 carrot they were dangling in front of me annoyed me. I think it was the number I saw in Poker Track that did it. It was in red. Yes, I admit it, I am a losing player on Party. I could rattle off bad beat story after bad beat story but I would own too many people money that I would have to go to the Summer Classic and hand out dollar bills like an ATM.

I was grinding out 300 hands at the 3/6 tables for the last week. Except for one ugly hand (typical of the Party player), I had a nice run, more than doubling what I had at Party. I had only one losing session and that wasn't too bad. I stayed aggressive and pounded people for trying to draw out with their anything suited hands.

It felt good to play some solid poker. Not perfect but good enough to make some coin. And I will take that any day.

2 comments:

The Bracelet said...

I was offered $75. (I must have been a huge fish there)

I turned it into $175 and thought maybe I shouldn't even bother with the $75 bonus and just wait it out for a cashout of $100. Then I saw I only had 150 raked hands to go. Then I played that out and cashed the full $220 the next day.

I'm still not going back there to play, but it was nice to feel like I didn't completely suck at poker for once.

StB said...

Well done B, er H J. I bet your account was empty. I am going to empty the Party account and see what they offer next time. I hardly play there so maybe that had something to do with it.