Monday, February 19, 2007

Knocked back down

I took a hit this weekend. Tried to play 5/10 triple draw and got my ass handed to me. It really was two big hands. One where my 7 6 lost to the nuts and another where my made 8 6 lost on the third draw to 7 6. In the end, I lost a chunk of what I had on Stars.

In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have been taking a shot at a higher table. It was Friday night after I got back from the bar. My rule is to not play cash games after drinking. I lose too much when I do it. I stick to SnGs.

Well, this time I didn't follow my own set rules and paid the price. Funny how I did well in one SnG taking second, but then got crushed when my K K got cracked by K Q. They hit their flush on the turn. Ouch!

After the beating on Friday night, I basically stayed away on Saturday. On Sunday morning I played a rock of a 3/6 HE table (what rock garden?) that was boring. There were some fishy players but the pots weren't getting any size to them. Thus, it was boring. I booked a small profit before making a stab at a super sat for the FTOPs. Yeah, that went no where when someone slow played K K against my steal attempt.

Little card slinging this week. Going away for work for a couple days. That should be just enough to charge the batteries. Plus I figure I can read the Omaha book I have on the plane. Maybe there will be some O8 in my future again.

3 comments:

Garthmeister J. said...

Sorry to hear about the TD damage. Not fun!

Anonymous said...

Drunk poker is one reason I had to take a break from playing online.

Anonymous said...

As always it will turn around