I loathe memes. Hate them with a passion. Rarely do I even respond. You know the memes that include a question like "Who is least likely to respond?" I bat 1.000 in those among my friends. They know I will not respond with anything but "Please do send this bullshit my way!"
But better people that I have done it so I will play along this one time. Plus, I needed something to do while this boring conference call was going on.
1. If I ruled the world, I would ban certain music in bars. For starters, you would never hear AC/DC's "Shook me All Night Long", Meatloaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights", or Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl" ever again in a bar. Too many knuckleheads that feel the need to scream out the chorus (rarely do they know the rest of the song) at the top of their drunken lungs. Also, all Dave Matthews Band would be banned. It is bar buzzkill music.2. Early in my career, I worked on an IPO for a wrestling company out of Florida. Went down to for a due diligence meeting and met the people involved like the Macho Man and the Bushwackers. I spoke with the main guy involved and he swore he could get me involved as a wrestling manager. Unfortunately, the IPO never got off the ground and I never did get my fame in fortune in the squared circle. My shot at glory in sports entertainment is gone. Yes, I still watch wrestling. It is the best soap opera around for men.
3. Remember the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry cannot remember what his girlfriend's name was? He kept looking for stuff that would show what it was. I did that once. Woke up the next morning with a girl and for the life of me could not recall her name. When she asked if she could take a shower, I quickly obliged and got her a towel. While the water ran, I ran through her purse looking for a drivers licence. And no, her name was not Dolores.
4. I have one fear in life. A fear of regret. I do not want the opportunity to do something come and go without taking advantage of it if I can. I don't like thinking back on life and saying "Damn, I should have done that back in college, or why didn't I go there when I had chance?" I think back to high school and how I wish I would have played football. To college where I wish I would have gone to Florida with my girlfriend. Life if about living and I intend to live while I can.
5. I own all the Autograph CDs as well as most of the work of Huey Lewis and the News on disc too. I also own most of the Duran Duran albums on vinyl. I even owned a Duran Duran t-shirt. Thankfully I grew out of that 80s stuff in college. I thought I would toss in some embarrassing stuff just for shits and giggles.
6. I had a role (albeit a minor one) in a major mutual fund scandal a couple years ago. Spent some hours talking with company attorneys and somehow did not need to speak with SEC or a certain AG from the east coast. That is all I can say about that here, except I was taken care of later.
7. I have a bad habit of watching people eat and then critiquing them. If I am dining with someone, I can help but notice any quirks they may have such as not letting food touch other food or how they eat like all of their vegetables first then the meat. That kind of thing. I used to eat with a guy who would cut his spaghetti into little tiny bits. WTF? Same person would cut his wife's meat like a mother does for a child. Drove me nuts.
Also like others, I shall kill my meme portion here, no tagging.